UNV conversion

Clearly defined bug reports and their fixes
aleksandr
Antispam: Yes

UNV conversion

Post by aleksandr »

Greate software, gentlemen, i like it very much.
There is an issue though with a mesh conversion.
Problem 1. I cannot load complex geometries directly, because GUI tends to crash on them.
Problem 2. No big deal. You provided support for external meshers. So I used SALOME 7.4.0 (Windows) to load my stp geometry and mesh it into unv. In the attached unv you would clearly find 4 surfaces defined. However ElmerGUI (7.0 for Windows) recongnizes only 3 of them. I've noticed that GUI neglects the last of the defined surfaces and instead creates one surface incorporating all the remaning surfaces of the part. So the total number of selectable boundaries is also 4.
Workaround: Having noticed this, I am just adding an extra dummy surface to my unv meshes. But I presume this could be an easy fix in the code.
Attachments
DiskMeshUNV.zip
(146.33 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
mzenker

Re: UNV conversion

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

if I load your unv with ElmerGUI (7.0.1, new Windows installer), I see 4 surfaces (Model->Summary, look under SURFACE BOUNDARIES).
In case of problems, you could try to convert the mesh with Elmergrid (commandline: elmergrid 8 2 DiskMesh.unv -autoclean), and open it with file->load mesh in ElmerGUI.

HTH,

Matthias