release 5.4 and 5.5

Discussion about coding and new developments
benoit

release 5.4 and 5.5

Post by benoit »

Hello,

I use the release 5.5.0 on my laptop (Ubuntu 9.1) and the release 5.4.1 on my dektop computer (Ubuntu 7.1). I solve the static current equation and I want to calculate the current which goes through a surface. In order to do that I use the function Calculate Loads in the current solver and the function boundary sum in the save data solver. The boudary sum is applied on the variable Potential Loads. This works on my laptop but not on my desktop.

With the 5.4.1 release I have the error message: "SaveData: The desired variable does not exist".

Is there a simple explanation for that ?

Regards,

Benoit.
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Re: release 5.4 and 5.5

Post by raback »

Yes, the "Calculate Loads" option is not available in the older version. -Peter
benoit

Post by benoit »

It is what I was afraid of.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Benoit.
benoit

Post by benoit »

I forgot to ask something.

I found the source code of the release 5.5.0 but there were not the mathlibs directory inside. Is it normal ?

On source forge, there is only the release 5.4.1. Is there somewhere I can find the source code of the release 5.5.0 ?

Regards,

Benoit.
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Post by raback »

Hi, perhaps you were using some Linux distro that comes with the lapack libraries. Then the mathlibs may be obsolite.

We should be more rigorous with the version numbering as we tend to stay at a version number for some time. In fact currently we recognize the version mainly by the svn revision. You see that one the first lines when you call ElmerSolver.exe. You can get the whole source by

Code: Select all

svn co https://elmerfem.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/elmerfem elmerfem
There should be a optional parameter for getting the desired revision.

-Peter
hazelsct

Post by hazelsct »

The Debian/Ubuntu package version also has the revision in it, e.g. for Ubuntu 9.10 (not 9.1, it's October 2009 -> 9.10, came after 9.04) it should be 5.5.0.svn.4214.dfsg-1ubuntu1 indicating SVN revision 4214.

-Adam