Updated Windows binary

Updates in software, documentation, sites etc.
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Updated Windows binary

Post by raback »

Hi

Thanx to mal the nightly build for Windows is again working. The version from todays svn snapshot is available at sf.net/projects/elmerfem.

-Peter
raback
Site Admin

Re: Updated Windows binary

Post by raback »

In the risk of repeating myself: there is a new Windows binary at sf.net. The ElmerGUI now includes a free form entry which will enable sticking with the GUI even with some never keywords.

-Peter
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Hi Elmer team,

when can we expect a fresh Windoze binary? I have looked under http://www.nic.funet.fi/pub/sci/physics ... n/windows/.
Is it the right place? Are those builds automated and should run every day, or do they require manual intervention?
There has been a bugfix in ElmerSolver recently which I need to continue on my project...

Thank you,

Matthias
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi

The Windows binary is compiled every night an a dedicated virtual machine. Unfortunately the automatic copying to nic.funet.fi is no longer available due to security. So the copying to nic.funet.fi and sf.net is currently done manually. Typically we also then that nothing has been broken.

We'll try to update a new version within this week.

-Peter
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Updated binary is now available on sf.net and nic.funet.fi. -Peter
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Thank you!

Matthias
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Hmmm...
I am again waiting for a fresh nightly build since there was a bugfix in Elmersolver which I need in order to proceed with my project.
Is there a chance that the nightly builds are uploaded again on a regular basis, say, (at least) once a week?
I do not know how much work it is for the Elmer team to do the upload, and I understand that you have certainly many other things to do. On the other hand, since the build is done anyway, couldn't it be uploaded even without checking, maybe declared as "experimental" or "unstable"?
Or is there a chance that the automated upload is enabled again?

Thank you for an answer,

Matthias
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi

There is a new Windows binary and related documentation on on sf.net/projects/elmerfem.

When installing the Windows binary remember to do it as the admin since otherwise the path variables may not come right and ElmerGUI does not know how to call ElmerSolver.

-Peter